The California Touring is the latest heir to the successful project with which Moto Guzzi redesigned the concept of luxury motorcycles at the end of 2012. The California Touring is a representation of Moto Guzzi’s culture and the ability to build unique motorcycles that has been around since 1921.
It is the California in its most classic expression, in terms of style, comfort, performance and reliability. Success driven by a rare quality: knowing how to reconcile the comfort and cargo capacity of a custom bike with the dynamic performance of a powerful cruiser.
Powerful, ultra-equipped, exclusive, with an innovative yet highly personal and traditional design, the California Touring manages to enhance the values of one of the noblest brands in the world and the symbol of “Made in Italy”.
In fact, the Touring is a true traveller driven by the largest V-twin ever made in Europe, the first custom bike equipped with advanced electronic control systems such as traction control, ABS and the new full Ride-by-wire accelerator, as well as having a brand new frame with an elastic engine mounting system capable of eliminating vibration transfer entirely. Courtesy: mcnews.com.au
- Engine – 1380cc, 90˚ V-twin, four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke – 104×81.2mm
- Compression: 10.5:1
- Power – 96hp at 6500rpm
- Torque – 121Nm at 3000rpm
- Induction – Magneti Marelli IAW7SM; RbW 52mm throttle body
- Gearbox – Six-speed
- Clutch – Single-disc with integrated anti-vibration buffer
- Chassis – steel tubing, closed double cradle frame
- Front Suspension – 45mm front forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension – Double shock absorbers, preload adjustable, 120mm travel
- Brakes – Dual Brembo four-opposed-piston calipers, 320mm discs (F),
single 282mm disc and Brembo two-piston caliper (R), ABS
- Rims – aluminium alloy wheels, 3.50 x 18in, 6.00 x 16in
- Tyres – 130/70 – 18, 200/60 – 16
- Seat height – 740mm
- Wheelbase – 1685mm
- Rake/Trail – 32°/ 155mm
- Fuel capacity – 20.5L
- Wet weight – 346kg